Note from Seth: In lieu of some badass mammals, I give you this diary from our boy Willy, ennumerating the number of times we lost to shitty teams or came thisclose to winning. It hurts.
So what if the Knicks actually win all of these "must-win" games throughout the season?
Lets go all the way back to the beginning of the season and add up all the games the Knicks should've won. Not the games lost to teams over .500, and not to teams that are around the same record as them, but teams they should've SMACKED down.
1. November 3rd vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Joe Johnson drops 30 and shits all over the Knicks and their 17 TOs.
2. November 18th vs. Boston Celtics
- The worst part was this was a home game, the second worst part was that I attended this game, and the third worst part is that the Celtics have the second worst record in the NBA.
3. December 11th vs. Boston Celtics
- See game 2.
4. December 23rd vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Okay so maybe the hot streak had to end sometime, but not against the 76ers who just got rid of A.I.
5. January 2nd vs. Sacramento Kings
- Ron Artest shot 68% from the floor.
6. January 12th vs. Charlotte Bobcats
- Apparent ally the Knicks forgot how to play defense.
7. January 28th vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Buzzer Beater.
8. January 31st vs. Charlotte Bobcats
- These losses are just as frustrating as the Celtic ones.
9. February 21st vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Kyle Korver dropped bombs over Baghdad.
10. February 28th vs. Boston Celtics
- Three losses? No good.
11. March 6th vs. Seattle Supersonics
- Marbury's missed free throw.
12. March 22nd vs. Portland Trailblazers
- Another game I went to. Dlees return is spoiled.
13. April 4th vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Knicks still can't win after two missed free throws by Kyle Korver.
So that's thirteen games. In a perfect world that would make the Knicks 44-30, good for 1st place in the Atlantic and the third seed in the East. Even if they didn't win all of these games, winning one or two against one of these teams would help them out right now.
Now I know what they mean by "must-win" games, look how it's effecting them now.