after watching tonights game, and thinking about our recent stretch of games against the better teams in the league, i noticed a few things/tendencies. the most glaring seeming to be that when we play the teams with the "reputations" as being better than us, and we get down, our TEAM play (ball movement, pushing the ball, taking the first good shot no matter who has it) gives way to our 2-man game (felton and stat)... and this isn't how we win. obviously the quality of the opponent affects our play, but it shouldn't affect us this much.
if anyone is interested, give your top 5 messages you'd deliver to our knicks...to individuals or the collective.
here are mine (in no particular order):
1) push push push... and whoever gets the first open, quality look... take it, no matter who you are. stop deferring so much to stat and ray
2) landry, ease up on the 3's and get back to using the head fake and drive to the basket... you've got an explosive first step and just because you are a rookie and our "glue" guy doesn't mean we don't need you to take it hard to the basket. get your gosh darn confidence back
3) felton, feed gallo and demand that he plug in and assert himself more
4) stat, keep drawing the doubles... and keep looking for the open man and passing to him
5) will, keep doing your thing
6) i know, i said 5, but this one's for mr. walsh... PLEASE GET US A BIG WHO CAN MOVE AND REBOUND... ASAP!
pretty simple, i'm sure many of you have far more technical suggestions, so fire away