...or whatever number we're up to. Here's the deal. A friend and I are road trippin' to Boston tomorrow afternoon so we can catch the M.I.T. Sloan Sports
Analingus Analytics Conference this weekend. I know nothing about sports analytics, but I jumped at the opportunity to meet some basketbros and learn some shit while I still get a student discount. If you're gonna be there, let me know! Gian's gonna be in attendance, too.
Meanwhile, back in civilization, the Knicks will play two games this weekend. There will be game threads, and I'll be leaving our friend Osborn in charge of the posting and recap duties for Friday and Saturday. Additionally, I've got tickets to give away to Monday night's game against the Hawks. Since I'll be leaving hours before the Knicks and Raptors tip off, I'm gonna open the contest right now and close it sometime during the day tomorrow. In case you don't know how this works, dig:
1. In the comments of this post, indicate which Knick you expect to lead the team in scoring tomorrow night against the Raptors. You don't have to say how many points or anything like that-- just the Knicks' leading scorer.
2. Comments will close before game time tonight and we'll all watch (and join in the game thread, those of you at home!) the game. Hopefully, the Knicks will continue Wednesday night's magical touch.
3. I'll take a look at the boxscore after the game and, with a series of intricate calculations, will determine the Knicks' leading scorer.
4. Those users who correctly predicted the leading scorer will be entered into a random drawing (which will be an actual hat) for tickets to the 3/8 home game against the Hawks.
5. In the event of a tie between two Knicks, I'll turn to field goal percentage, then assists, to pick a single correct answer.
6. In the event that an unforeseen Knick leads the team in scoring (e.g.
Jerome James Marcus Landry Bill Walker(legitimate guess) Herb Williams explodes for 50 off the bench), I'll go with the next best scorer, and so forth.
Go for it!