I've gone back and forth on this thing for a long time. I've got a bunch of questions I've been asking myself. Here they are and my final conclusion at the bottom. And this can serve as a new Melo trade speculation thread because we just can't help ourselves, can we? And that other thread is at like, 500 posts.
1. How consistent can Gallo be on offense?
2. What is the swagger ceiling of Wilson Chandler?
3. Does Landry Fields encompass everything that helps win a basketball game, or is he just a pleasant surprise?
4. Does Carmelo care, I mean really care, about winning basketball games?
5. Is defense an inconvenience to Carmelo Anthony?
6. Is my lingering bitterness over the Mark Jackson / Charles Smith trade making me love Ray Felton too much?
7. Is there such a thing as a 'Superstar'?
8. Do fans and sports journalists love Carmelo Anthony because he's NOT Lebron James ?
9. Do fans and sports journalists love Carmelo Anthony because he's NOT Darko Milicic?
10. In an Archie universe, is Carmelo Betty to LeBron's Veronica, or Veronica to Gallo's Betty?
11. In an Archie universe, who has more rings - Betty or Veronica?
12. Will Timofey Mozgov be sad, I mean really, really sad, if he gets traded to Denver?
13. Either way, is this the merciful end of those shiny light blue Nuggets uniforms, and perhaps also Kenyon Martin's lips tattoo?
OK. After asking myself these questions hundreds of times and receiving all kinds of variations of 'Yes with a if' and 'No with a but' (and a few 'No with a Butt's) my final analysis is this:
The offer is Chandler, Curry and Randolph.
We will consider throwing in our 2014 first rounder and/or a second rounder or two and/or Azubuike and/or Extra E. And maybe, if you're really nice, we'll think about including Rautins. Those are the negotiable points.
Fields, Gallo, Mozgov, Felton, and Toney Douglas are of the table. Any offer you have involving them, don't even bother calling.
And Al Harrington is your problem. We ain't taking him back.
I may be stupid, but this is my gut feeling. May god have mercy upon us all, and especially Silent Wil. In Donnie We Trust, and may the farce not be wtih us. Good luck everyone.