Good day, tycoons. I'm, uh, kind of done with this pre-playoff build-up. I'm ready for the actual thing to start. In the meantime, let's link.
- Lutungs are Asian leaf monkeys with very nice fur. You can usually find them at the Bronx Zoo (where that photo was taken, by the way) at Jungle World.
- One thing I've noticed to a degree that I was considering writing an entire post about it is that the Knicks sound excited and self-assured, but are careful to respect the Celtics. Even somebody like Amar'e Stoudemire, who's previously tried to intimidate Al Horford and disparaged Pau Gasol, is confident yet reverent:
"Those guys are champions. They know how to play in the playoffs,'' Stoudemire said. "It's going to be a great experience for us. I think we've got the right mindset to give it back. It's going to be a tough series, but we're ready to go.''
Hahn himself says that the Knicks are being careful not to rile up the C's before the series even starts. That's wise, I think. Best not to engage in a war of words. I'm thankful right now that Quentin Richardson is no longer a Knick.
- Lots of words from the opponent, via Marc Berman.
- Will Leitch simulated Knicks-Celtics on his PS3, thereby confirming that he is 9 years old. I bet he's got no 2k game whatsoever. THIS IS A CHALLENGE, LEITCH. (Also, the result was somewhat foreboding.)
- Will also interviewed Landry Fields. It's a good 'un.
Those are the links for the moment. I'm gettin' restless, y'all. Enjoy your afternoons and evenings!