Excellent question! I think these links I have to share can help you find some answers. As we learned late in the evening, the Knicks practice facility was populated with both promising draft-eligible youngsters and free agents of all walks of life. Bonzi Wells was in the house! BONZI WELLS! Here are a few articles written about yesterday's workouts:
- Chris Sheridan did speaking to Charles Jenkins, Iman Shumpert, and Chris Singleton, all of whom worked out yesterday.
- Marc Berman and Newsday's Arthur Staple both wrote on the relatively unsung Jenkins, who's the first New York City point guard with serious potential to come around in a while. I'm most interested in whether he'd like to be called "Chuck", "Chaz", or "Charmander".
- TKB has video with Jenkins, so you can be certain that he is a real person (unless, like me, you're wary of Tommy Dee's puppeteering skillz).
- Alan Hahn concentrated mostly on Shumpert.
- Scott Schroeder, ever the authority on fringe NBA talent, has the best list of folks to attend yesterday's "free agent minicamp". Besides Bonzi, here are some names:
Others confirmed to be invited to the workout were guards, and along with big men , , , , Ivan Johnson and . McNeal, Crittenton, Goodridge, Johnson and Onuaku all played in the D-League last season.
Remember that the Knicks just snaggled the Erie Bayhawks of the D-League. They've got some roster spots to fill. A few of the guys are familiar from past Knick summer leagues, and some you may know from the D-League or brief NBA stints. Some of them are Bonzi Wells.
- Marc Berman wrote an "article" about Crittenton coming to work out, but really it was just a few words to remind you that he once did things with guns.
And that is all! Buy some hats!