Donnie Walsh, is that you? Get out of here and get back to work, the draft is tomorrow!
For everyone else, this is for us amateurs who will swear (every day, and loudly!) that we would have gotten the draft right, if only the Knicks had done what we wanted. I love the armchair GM game, and I hope that a bit of accountability makes the GM-ing all the more exciting in the future, so let's prove it right now!
Most of these questions are posed in such a way that only allows for one answer. This is intentional. Picking more than one answer is an automatic disqualification, as it indicates you don't know what a GM does! The "winner" gets to point at this post when making up ridiculous trade machine moves!
- Pick one guy - the steal of the draft.
- Pick one guy - the bust of the draft.
- Pick one guy who gets picked way ahead of all mock drafts (OK, most mock drafts - let's go with Draft Express' Mock). Also, will this team regret it?
- There's no way to know who will actually be available, but if the draft plays out according to the mock above, who would you take at #17?
- Trading up? Hypothetical - it takes Landry Fields (or Toney Douglas, whoever you consider LESS valuable) to move up to the #10 spot, and we also sacrifice the #17. Do you do it? If so, who are you targeting?
- Biyombo and Jimmer - are these guys legit or what?
- Any other comments?
That is all! Have fun! Good luck to all in the draft! Let's get it right, for once! Grumble grumble!