You know what? It's been a pretty inspiring week for us Knicks fans. Here are some of the improvements I've seen over the last couple of games:
- Iman Shumpert is ready to make a difference for our team, like, NOW.
- Tyson Chandler is being more seamlessly integrated on both ends of the floor.
- Defense, that regal ghost from MSG's past, appears to be alive again.
Since those are my highlights from the week, I'm going to include a clip dedicated to each of them in my issue this week. Check 'em out!
Iman Shumpert: I, for one, can't remember seeing any Iman Shumpert highlight reels posted on this blog from his high school days...so I wanted to make up for that, since I always enjoy seeing what the roots of a player's game are.
Even though this is in honor of Tyson Chandler, Iman steals the show. Impetuous rook, he.
I hope he picked the Melo Jersey.
While searching for a definitive clip on Knicks defense, I discovered two things:
1. There are probably more YouTube results of people complaining into their webcams about the Knicks' defense than there are clips dedicated to actual Knick players playing defense.
2. This clip, which I actually remember watching live back in the day and had not seen since. This was about when I started following the Knicks, or anything that existed beyond my school, house, or Nickelodeon for that matter.
Since I'm in a hurry to take my Black Lab (named Clyde, naturally) to the dog park before traffic hits, I'll go ahead and count that last clip as my Vintage Knicks Clip for the week. Enjoy, and here's hoping for a win against Memphis tonight! Barkley can suck it.