Evening, friends. It's been a busy day, but I don't want to let it expire without sharing a few links. Take a look at 'em:
- The Nightjar family is called Caprimulgidae because of a myth that they suck goats' blood. Large-tailled nightjars are called "burung tukang kubur" ("graveyard nightjar") in Malaysia because they're known to frequent cemeteries. Chill, nightjars.
- Our friend Jared Dubin procured Raymond Felton's (
per-48, I believe per-36) numbers by period to show us that drop-off he's been experiencing after the first quarter.
- Amar'e Stoudemire helped out with the hurricane relief and got himself mobbed by babies. I've seen photos of Tyson Chandler, Rasheed Wallace, and Ronnie Brewer helping out as well (and Melo previously). Good job, Knicks.
- This is pretty neat. They found one cool piece of Garden history for every date of the year to display around the renovated MSG.
- Like our friend The Fish, I'm a neurotic jew, but I just can't bring myself to focus hard on Amar'e Stoudemire's return right now. (And if I could, I wouldn't do as good a job of it.)
- Late addition: Check out the bit about Knicks coaches running sprints in Alan Hahn's most recent Fix.
That's it for now. I'm sort of here and there for the next day or so, but I'd like to get a post up with some more stats I've been staring at tomorrow, hopefully. <3