SITTIN' ON UR FACE, BRO - Nick Laham
I cannot recall a Knicks season opening in a more delightful manner than this one just did. Tomorrow, I'll wake up early and write a detailed recap of the Knicks' magnificent opening night win over the Heat. For now:
1. That defense was marvelous. They forced a heap of turnovers, helped and doubled without fouling, and cleaned up Miami misses.
2. The offense had its lulls, but I still detected more and better ball movement in this game than in pretty much any game last season, and this was against one of the more intimidating defenses on the planet (granted, they weren't rotatin' like they usually do, but still.)
3. No, shooting vastly better on threes (19-36) than twos (17-48!?) is not a sustainable offensive strategy. Against the Heat, though, it's just the ticket. Gotta spread that floor.
4. It is lovely to always have a real point guard on the floor.
6. No "Friday Night Knicks" theme song. Just saying.
We'll go into depth tomorrow. For now THE KNICKS JUST SHIT ON THE HEAT I'M GETTING NAKED AND GOING OUTSIDE AND SOMEBODY OUT THERE IS GONNA GIVE ME A PIGGYBACK RIDE WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT.