Good day, good friends. We're currently taking intermission while the Knicks and 76ers change sets for Act Two of their epic battle. While we wait, I've got a whole bunch of links to share from the previous game and beyond.
- That owl looks like a goddamn tree! It's making me wonder what sort of camouflage I'd want if I could have camouflage. It's also making me wonder if, as an individual of a pinkish off-white hue, there are any settings in which my skin would serve as camouflage. Maybe, like, if there was a wall of that cream cheese that has the lox right in it? I could blend into that, I think. And then I'd eat it. I'd eat a wall.
- Chris Copeland's "rookie hazing" (note: Chris is 28 years old.) required him to wear a tuxedo and Jordans after yesterday's game. I heard somewhere else (can't remember where) that that was Marcus Camby's idea. That's pretty cruel, Marcus.
- Sheed tweet of the day from Moke Hamilton:
Quote of the day goes to Sheed Wallace: "My speed isn't the same. My agility isn't the same, but I can still talk."
- And here's some info about the Knicks' success in the paint through the first two games (unsurprising: They did better there against Philly than they did against Miami).
- If you missed it, Clyde's suit situation was especially resplendent yesterday. There are a lot of photos like that on the internet and someone really ought to make a .gif with Clyde just standing, holding his mic while his suit rapidly changes color. Anybody?
- I don't want this to start any sort of debate here (please), but I figure this list of NBA folks who've made campaign donations would be of interest, especially because a few Knicks people show up.
- J.R. Smith-- New Jersey native, New York athlete, and former New Orleans athlete-- talks about hurricanes.
- An homage to Jason Kidd's wonderful first two games.
- Update: If y'all don't know about Spilly yet, now's your chance. Spilly is my hero.
Yeah! No pre-game recon or anything today, but I'll keep y'all up to date about any thingz that emerge between now and game thread time. Enjoy your day!