D. Gordon E. Robertson
Evening, friends. I hope you're all doing okay. If you wish to look at things about the Knicks tonight, perhaps to take your mind off real things, here are just a few items at which you might wish to look.
- Zach Lowe's analysis of the Knicks offense is excellent, educational work. Two (of many) important takeaways: 1. The Knicks' three-point-heavy attack is historically outstanding, but relative to the direction the rest of the league is headed, not totally ridiculous and not necessarily unsustainable, even if their percentages drop. 2. There really does seem to be a perfectly Amar'e Stoudemire-shaped hole in the second unit. Whether or not he'll get minutes with the starters, the bench could improve so much with his healthy presence.
- What about Melo's game has improved, and why?
- Bad news about our old friend Extra E. Shawne Williams, currently out of the league, apparently got caught with problematic amounts of problematic drugs at home in Tennessee. It's a damn shame, because it really seemed like he'd put that stuff behind him when he was with the Knicks.
- Some cool stats from last night's game.
- A few of you have linked to this video of Melo working with Hakeem Olajuwon over the summer, which was just posted recently.
That is all. I love each and every one of you.