Good afternoon, friends. The Knicks have some time off-- nothing today, practice tomorrow, then four pretty tough games in five nights (three on the road) from Wednesday to Sunday-- so let's review some items from around the web.
- 55 P&T points if you can guess why I picked a species of cormorant for today's bird.
- I got weirdly smiley over this Carmelo Anthony line:
"They study and watch film and they were picking up Tyson on the pick-and-roll going to the rim,’’ Anthony said. "As a result, they left us open with the outside shot. Those are shots we take. Those are shots we make.’’
- Keith Schlosser interviewed Steve Novak, who sure seems like a mensch.
- If and when Novak dunks a basketball, Knicks Bricks has a list of worthy celebrations. The catch here is that nobody would be able to see any celebration because we would all be deceased.
- I'm looking forward to reading more of Jonathan Fishner's "This Week in Knicks" things for Gothamist.
- I ranked the Knicks sixth again in this week's NBA Power Rankings.
- I and my friend Jared Dubin will (separately, I'm afraid) be on this radio show tonight, starting at around 7:00.
- Update: Melo was Eastern Conference Player of the Week. Well done, Melo. <3
Mmhmm. Enjoy the afternoon. I'm gonna go watch the Boardwalk Empire finale now, at last.