- First, the full injury report all in one place: An MRI revealed more inflammation in Jared Jeffries's right knee, and he'll sit for the next two weeks or so. It's a bummer, but surely the best thing for Jared and the best shot at keeping him healthy for the playoffs. Jeremy Lin's left knee started acting up during the third quarter, but everybody says he's fine. Amar'e Stoudemire's lower back bothered him in the third as well, but in hist post-game interview he described the soreness as purely muscular and nothing a massage couldn't fix. So: Jared's out, Jeremy and Amar'e are ostensibly okay and not going to miss any time.
- Tyson Chandler busted out his championship ring last night, and the Knicks also returned to the locker room after the game to find pictures of the Larry O'Brien trophy hanging over their lockers. This was all apparently the idea of security manager Max Cayard. Good thing the PIstons didn't come back and win, I guess?
- The most obvious opportunity to get Jerome involved was squandered on Iman Shumpert and J.R. Smith's alley-alley-oop:
Come on, Earl. How are you not gonna throw that one off the backboard for the TRIPLE-OOP to be finished by Jerome? Really shameful stuff from Smith, who will probably benched and/or released and/or made to live on a hot air balloon for 700 years for neglecting Jerome like that.
- 150 P&T points to whoever makes us a .gif of Josh Harrellson's sweeping hook shot from the fourth quarter last night. It was at about the 7:30 mark of the fourth. I want the Jorts Hook forever, dammit. (Bonus points if you include the ensuing mustache lick as well.)
- This especially fancy right-hand-left-side layup from Lin would've been pretty impressive if he didn't get called for a travel (it does look like he shuffled his feet but that type of thing goes uncalled all the time), but he did, so it's totally unimpressive:
- According to mySynergySports.com, the Knicks ran 28 pick-and-rolls last night after running just 15 in Toronto. That zone defense really screwed 'em up the other night.
That's all for now! I hope to have a little video up later today, so probably just sit here staring at your computer whimpering and hitting "refresh" until that happens.