1. Carmelo is his friend.
2. In early 2007, he was in a car accident with Carmelo. He is a speeder.
3. In mid 2007, he got in another car accident involving a stop sign and the death of his friend Bell. He is repeat offender, ignores stops signs, and he has served jail time.
4. He has then sped again. 8 times in 7 days.
5. He is practically uncoachable. He might listen to Carmelo but do you think he'll listen to Lin?
6. As a stop gap measure, he's great.
This is what makes him such a great buy. He's an athletic 3 point shooter (ala ray allen) but he comes with a lot of baggage. With Melo around, he's finally manageable! He is going to be a cheap buy for a long time. There is absolutely no worry that other teams will steal him away from us. Grunwald is a genius.