Good morning! Happy Erev Yom Playoffs! Our first order of business today: Determining when the Knicks and Heat will play basketball against one another. As soon as the match-ups were set last night, the schedules dropped. Here, via Jared Zwerling, is the game schedule for Knicks-Heat:
Game 1 in Miami: Saturday, April 28, 3:30 p.m. on ABC
Game 2 in Miami: Monday, April 30 at 7 p.m. on TNT
Game 3 in New York: Thursday, May 3 at 7 p.m. on TNT
Game 4 in New York: Sunday, May 6 at 3:30 p.m. on ABC
Game 5 in Miami (if necessary): Wednesday, May 9 (TBD)
Game 6 in New York (if necessary): Friday, May 11 (TBD)
Game 7 in Miami (if necessary): Sunday, May 13 (TBD)
1. Wow, I forgot how drawn-out the playoffs are. Good thing the Knicks are going to sweep!?!?1
2. Nothing on Friday until Game Six. Another good reason to sweep. If this series does make it to Game Six and MSG busts out their Robert Randolph tapes for that one, I'm going to throw a tantrum.
3. They weren't kidding about hoome-court advantage. I was really counting on the schedule-makers being like "You know what? Usually we give the top seed home-court but the Knicks have just been so well-behaved lately. Let's give them a surprise treat." No such luck.
4. ABC...TNT...next thing you know, one of these games is gonna be on PCP! Ha-HA!
5. We like to have fun here.
6. I've heard tell of back-to-backs in the later rounds, but thankfully, we've got none of those scheduled for now. That's nice. I'm sure everybody appreciates that, but Baron Davis especially appreciates that. He has not looked good (or shot well) on zero rest this season.
7. No Cinco de Mayo parties allowed, Knicks. None. You can do what you like, Heat. Drink the worm, LeBron! Just eat a bunch of worms, Dwyane!
8. Game Seven would fall on Mike Bibby's birthday. Just saying.
What other things do y'all think about the schedule? We'll have much, much more to talk about as the day goes on.