Photo: Ariovaldo Giaretta
Good afternoon, chambermen and chamberwomen. I hope you've all enjoyed splendid, productive days rife with delights big and small. I have prepared a series of links for you, and in them I hope you find one or more additional delights. Take the jump.
- Saddleback toads are a whole genus of frogs (not toads). The one pictured above is a Spix's Saddleback Toad or Pumpkin Toadlet, which is a lovely name. Saddleback toads apparently mix up their sex positions, which is uncommon in frogs. Fancy!
I've got several links to post-workout interviews with prospective Knicks. Here are some:
- Scoop Jardine talking to Adam Zagoria.
- Tu Holloway talking to Zagoria.
- Scott Machado talking to Zagoria. I didn't realize these were all Zagoria interviews, but so they are. He's on top of this stuff.
- Bobby Gonzalez showed up at the workouts today? I can share from my limited experience in the Knicks practice facility that there are always odd, familiar characters milling about.
- Even with his kneehabilitation, Iman Shumpert will host a basketball camp at his old high school this summer. Cool guy, that Shump.
- Here's a thoroughly depressing (but quite excellent) piece about Amar'e Stoudemire this year, Amar'e Stoudemire last year, and just Amar'e Stoudemire, the Knicks, and stuff over at The Classical.
- Confirmed, the Knicks will send a team to Las Vegas for Summer League. Excellent.
- Carmelo Anthony has been assigned some important position with a newfangled sports drink company. Congrats, Melo!
- UPDATE: JOSH HARRELLSON WENT SWIMMING TODAY CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT THIS HE'S GOTTA GET HIS TAN BACK GUYS
Those are the links! Still waiting on that Woodson extension to become official... Either way,
Sixers Pacers-Heat thread later!