Good afternoon, friends! Sorry that it's been a quiet day or two here. I spent the weekend visitin' the folks and didn't get a chance to post on Saturday. It's no biggie, since all that happened yesterday was everybody trying to decrypt the Knicks' finances/slobbering over unattainable free agents and Amar'e Stoudemire apparently calling someone a very cruel name, then regretting his transgression. Normal Saturday things.
Anyway, today is Sunday, which means tomorrow is Monday, which means it's DRAFT WEEK. I love Draft Week, and I don't care that the Knicks and their 48th pick are hardly a part of Draft Week. Unless something changes, there will be a new Knick (or maybe more than one!?!?!) by week's end. This excites me, even if it's some unheralded bro on a non-guaranteed contract who got passed over 47 times. I LIVE FOR THIS. The Knicks are taking their pick (and, one would imagine, their Summer League roster) seriously, too. They've worked out over 40 guys over the past month or so and have another four coming in on Monday. Here, via Adam Zagoria, is tomorrow's group:
Erving Walker, 5'8" PG, Florida
Oscar Bellfield, 6'2" G, UNLV
Marcus Denmon, 6'3" SG, Missouri
Harouna Mutombo, 6'4" G, Western Carolina
- All guards. All seniors. All male humans.
- Unless he had to bail the first time around, this is Bellfield's second workout with the Knicks. He was invited to the second workout they held. I didn't hear anything about him not participating in that one, so is this their first call-back?
- Yes. Harouna Mutombo is Dikembe Mutombo's nephew.
- Marcus Denmon has been touted quite a bit by P&T citizen
Marcus Paul Chillsap, so he's got that going for him. Just looking at his basic information, I can see the intrigue.
- I mentioned Walker on Friday when Zagoria reported that he'd been invited to the workout. He is quite small, as you can see. Also, this.
So, that's the group for tomorrow. Four days 'til the draft!