sigh. This whole ordeal has been killing me. I have posted a bit, but been waiting to hear from the knicks before I let me thoughts out. But, I doubt that will happen... so here is what is buggin me about this whole thing
My thoughts are all disjangled. I dont know how to get this into a narrative so I wont even try.
- To all those saying that Lin does not deserve this amount of money. I call BULLSHIT. From Cranes "The toll of this decision on the New York Knicks won’t be known until the basketball season begins this fall, but the cost to MSG as a business is becoming clear much sooner. Shares in MSG shed $27 million in market value, with the stock falling 1% on Wednesday. The stock has been falling steadily, shedding 9% since July 3, suggesting investors had a hunch that a deal that really should have been made wouldn’t be.
Read more: http://mycrains.crainsnewyork.com/blogs/in-the-markets/2012/07/lins-departure-hits-msgs-stock/#ixzz2150z5zp3"
This kid is a cash cow. The money roles in. Should he not be a part of that? I think its more of an injustice to suggest that he should be paid less. Hey Baron Davis. Call me when you make MSG stock rise or fall then you can say its not a fair contract. This is a business, players always say that, then all of a sudden there is a moment that really drives that point home all of a sudden the player dosent deserve it? This is bullshit.
- I dont get not keeping him from a basketball standpoint. We have old and unproven PGs. A young up and coming guy would have been nice. And I just LOVE how all the same peop who blasted Mike D for not adjusting to the players he had all of a sudden feel its worth dropping Lin because he doesnt fit into Mike W offense (pass the ball to Melo). Lin was incredible last year. It was really a perfect fit, and a perfect situation.
- Im not going to go all "Im switching to Brooklyn" here. But, it sure seems like Dolan is daring me to do it. I have been trying to rationalize why I should stay with the knicks. Never in my life have I been presented with a new team to root for. I grew up on LI and have lived in NY my whole life. So its always been what its been. Im not sure what I would do if I moved to another state... so this is a new situation for me. A week ago, I wouldnt have considered it. but now... i feel as if the option is reasonable. Dolan doing what he did, was in essence, a big old kick in the balls to the NYC fans. We wanted to see what Lin can do. We suffered him trading away all our favorite players at some point, most of the time in a quick, non thought out, us getting the short end kind of way. Why am I sticking with a team that is so dysfunctional? Why should I stick with a team that has continuasly ripped my fandom heart out, not because of winning or losing (I am a huge met fan, I can take losing) but because of the way the team/owner treats the players and fans. Im not saying im switching teams... I cant do that so easily (i am a die hard fucking fan. For me, this is a major life decision... what team I roll with). But after this, i guess I am gonna keep an open mind going into this season. So, thanks for that Jimmy D. Thanks for that kick in the balls just when a new option is presented to me for the first time in my life.
- With that, if it wasnt for P&T I would be much more inclined to make the switch. you da man seth.
- I am sorry, I dont like Melo. He is a Knick, and I hope he wins every game he plays... but he is my least favorite star we have ever had. Every time I try to like him and feel like I am moving into a positive view of him, he says or does something that makes me cringe and I wish again that he was never on my team.
- All in all, this decision sucked. JLin has had to deal with a lot of shit because he doesnt look like a basketball player (i guess) and this just seems to fall right in line with it. I have a feeling he is gonna make the knicks look foolish, and I gotta say.. I am pulling for that to happen.
- Lin was a gift to us from the basketball gods. A bit of comeuppance for dealing with dysfunction for over a decade. Jimmy Dolan spit on that gift, and in doing so made this loyal fan question his associations.
- The fact that the knicks have not released a statement is just icing on the cake. Karma is a bitch, and Jimmy D is fuckin with it big time.