Now that our lineup is nearly set, maybe we can finally be done with the super-fun roster bickerings and start bickering instead about what will need to happen for our Knicks to actually win the championship... even if you're a non-believer.
I think we can all agree that at the very least, our roster has us in the conversation. We've got offense... we've got defense (actually, we've got a shitload of defense which is the most exciting aspect of our roster)... we've got some athletes... we've got some specialists... and we've got some glue. Sure there will be debates about starting lineups and rotations (and what could have been), but we're 2/3 deep at every position... with loads of savvy and experience (known by some as simply age).
Brewer/JR... and eventually Shump
I also think it's safe to assume that health is key 1, 2, and 3 to making a run at it all... so what I want to know is what toasters think MUST happen beyond health for us to be there in the end.
The way I see it, right after health comes...
1) Felton and Kidd establishing themselves as THE coaches on the court, making sure the ball moves, finds everyones hands and that the plays being called actually get run.
2) Amare averages at least 18 pts, 9 rebounds and 1 block
3) Our team is top 10 in rebounding and top 5 in opponents field goal percentage.
4) We start the season strong (at least 10-5 strong)... and this might be the most important key of all.
5) A third scorer step up and averages 14-17... and I don't know who this will be... Felton? Shump?
So? What are your keys to making a run?