It has arrived! Again, note that the fellows on this list who are currently under contract with the Knicks are all possible candidates to be included in a sign-and-trade in the near future. Anyway, here it is. I hope you like nepotism!
Jeff Brooks (6'8", 23 years old, last played at Fileni BPA in Italy)
Chris Copeland (6'8", 28, Okapi Aalstar, Belgium)
Mustapha Farrakhan (6'4", 23, Bakersfield Jam)
Kyle Goldcamp (6'10", 26, Erie BayHawks)
Ahmad Nivins (6'9", 25, Mons-Hainaut, Belgium)
Artsiom Parakhouski (6'9", 25, Budivelnyk, Ukraine)
Jeremiah Rivers (6'5", 24, Mega Vizura, Serbia)
Walker Russell, Jr. (6'0", 29, Detroit Pistons)
Chris Smith (6'2", 25, Louisville)
Terrance Withers (5'11", 29, Arkansas Tech)
Wesley Witherspoon (6'9", 22, Memphis)
A few individuals of note:
- You've probably heard of Jeremiah Rivers. He's Doc Rivers's less talented son. You've probably heard of Mychel Tompson, too. He's Mychal Thompson's less talented son.
- Art Parakhouski was on the Knicks' draft radar a few years ago. I once made a very poor attempt at profiling him.
- Walker Russell Jr. had a few okay minutes as a back-up guard for Detroit last year. He's also the son of Walker Russell, Knicks scout.
- The Knicks own the rights to Ahmad "Slim" Nivins from the Tyson Chandler deal.
- Update: Forgot to include (thanks, Thelonious Dunk) that Mustapha Farrakhan is Louis Farrakhan's grandson. He worked out for the Knicks last year.
- Update: One more thing: As of right now, Mike Woodson is listed as the head coach of the Summer League roster. That would be surprising and unusual, but cool of Coach Woody.
Cool. Time to read up on the rest of these guys. New York's first game is this Saturday, and I'll be out in Vegas next Wednesday for the final two games. I LOVE SUMMER LEAGUE!!!!!