Photo: Ólafur Larsen
Good Saturday, friends. Before I head out for the day, I've got a few links to share. Be forewarned that some may contain traces of peanuts.
- In falconry, gyrfalcons are just called "gyrkins", at least according to Wikipedia. I want to adopt one and name him Pickles.
- Ian Begley reiterates the notion that LaSalle Thompson is the leading candidate for the vacant assistant coaching spot on Mike Woodson's staff. If that's the case, then why he hasn't been hired yet is beyond me.
- Mark Porcaro, who is a veritable font of basketball information, has a list of some folks headed to the BayHawks (and everywhere else) this season.
- I wholeheartedly approve of this Ronnie Brewer photograph. I like it a lot better than that other one with Papa John.
- A couple days old, but Hakeem Olajuwon is in New York and demonstrating his talents on more than one court. Related: I would pay to watch a Knicks ping-pong tournament.
That's all for now! I'm going to an ENGAGEMENT party. Because my best friend is ENGAGED to be MARRIED. This is fucking crazy.