Merry afternoon, sweethearts. The weekend starts tomorrow, and as soon as that weekend's over, we've got Knicks media day and training camp. We're so very close. For now, links.
- Frogmouths are called frogmouths because they got some frogmouth-lookin' mouths, everybody. I learned from reading about them that the interior aspect of a bird's mouth is called the "gape", which makes sense. Anyway, marbled frogmouths are my current favorite frogmouths. They live in Australia and Indonesia and a bunch of Pacific islands.
- During his photography thing, Chandler spoke to reporters and gave his vote of approval to a Rasheed Wallace signing, which honestly makes me a lot more comfortable with that (still unlikely, probably) notion.
- Howard Megdal suggests that a decision of Wallace vs. Howard, should it come down to that (there are 13 Knicks with guaranteed deals, so they could hypothetically have both), might have something to do with New York's faith in the Melo-Amar'e tandem.
- Mark Deeks of ShamSports has his detailed breakdown of the Knicks' finances posted.
- Top-notch James Dolan observations from Jared Zwerling.
- Programming Note 1: I'll be on WCWP at 6:30, per usual.
- Programming Note 2: Amar'e Stoudemire's Daily Show appearance is tonight at 11. We can probably just use this post as a thread (for stingy d's drinking game), and I'll post the interview video tomorrow if there is one.
That's all for now! Enjoy the rest of the day.