Summary: HA HA HA HA HA
Amar'e Stoudemire's on his yearly preseason appearance tour, and he visited The Daily Show with Jon Stewart last night, mostly to talk about his new children's book and his work with The Amar'e Stoudemire Foundation. Some highlights from Amar'e's conversation with Jon Stewart:
- That desk was not meant for Amar'e Stoudemire.
- 0:52- HA HA HA, WE BOTH KNOW I'M IN FRIGHTENINGLY EXCELLENT SHAPE, JON STEWART
- 1:05- Amar'e explains why he wanted to write a book. Kids aren't reading enough, so why not give them a book written by a professional basketball player? Makes sense. One of my first chapter books was Johnny Long Legs, the autobiography of NBA veteran Johnny "Long Legs" Longlegs.
- 1:51- Amar'e describes the goal of his foundation: "Curing poverty through education", then talks about his own childhood.
- 2:59- "Being able to read is cool."
- Amar'e's leaning-back-in-the-chair-bottom-teeth-bared-clapping-peeking-at-the-audience "HA HA HA WE ARE LAUGHING NOW" laugh might be my favorite thing in the world.
- Our friend stingy d came up with the Amar'e Drinking Game, which is where you butt chug a shot of whiskey every time Amar'e says "phenomenal", but last night's game would have been much more productive/lethal if we'd gone with youth and/or yoof.
- 5:16- Amar'e discusses his Jewish roots, his trip to Israel last year, and so forth.
Stewart: "You guys gonna be good this year?"
Stewart: "Better than the Heat?"
Amar'e: "[pensive furrowing, indecisive head waggle] HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA".
Well done, Amar'e. You're a wonderful Amar'e. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Update: (Sorry the video's cut off. Trying to fix it.)