- Our friend UK Knick suggested today's bird. I don't usually take requests, but Mr. Knick taught me that red-billed qualeas are believed to be the planet's most abundant bird. They much pretty blanket Africa.
- Carmelo Anthony was Eastern Conference Player of the Week this past week. Cool week, Melo.
- Been sitting for a couple days on this bit from Al Iannazzone about the Knicks arguing about the best linebackers ever after the win on Saturday. Which Knick asked about Deion Sanders?
- Speaking of football, I would not be opposed to Iman Shumpert having a comeback similar to Adrian Peterson's.
- Did the NBA Power Rankings again this week. Ranked some stuff.
- I hadn't noticed it recently, but I read in two separate places today that Carmelo Anthony's turnover rate is significantly down this season. One of several cool things about the fine two months he's had.
- (Also from the "places" link, Rob Mahoney makes note of Amar'e Stoudemire's penchant for saying "phenomenal".)
- From a few days ago, this analysis of Amar'e's value (by certain metrics) over the years is worth a look.
- Sad Josh Harrellson lost his job. Sadder he's not allowed to come home to the Knicks until mid-July.
- Finally, SB Nation was kind enough to share some community numbers for 2012. Check 'em out:
China Joe 27
Paul Chillsap 15
the word 12
stingy d 13
Simon Says Jets 11
Chairman Meow 7
New Newb 7
Tomahawk Stomp 9105
$100M Contract 7510
Lord Smackington 5050
Thanks for the contributions, friends. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon!