G'afternoon, Marvins. Let us link one another. I'll start with some links, then you just link me right back.
- Okay, let's talk about Wonderpuses. I'm going with that as the plural because the Wonderpus was only described a few years ago and there's no definitive answer and I don't like "Wonderpi". The Wonderpus is a nice octopus that lives in the South Pacific. It is commonly mistaken for the mimic octopus, but it is not a mimic octopus. It is a Wonderpus. Its scientific name is Wunderpus photogenicus, which is a most excellent scientific name. Here's a video. Good dog.
- J.R. Smith, Kenyon Martin, and Amar'e Stoudemire didn't scrimmage today, but any of them could play-- play BASKETBALL-- in the preseason finale tomorrow. Raymond Felton may or may not play on his recovering hamstring, but he did practice today.
- J.R. wants his brother to make the roster because he's good enough, not because he's a Smith. And he does think Chris is good enough. He's good at "defense".
- I like that the shooting sleeve is called "the Melo sleeve". I also like that Iman Shumpert's elbow feels okay.
- Likely Knick Jeremy Tyler is "still a ways away" in his recovery from foot surgery, but he didn't wear a boot today, so there's that.
- SB Nation's big-ass NBA season preview is here!
- The blog formerly known as The Basketball Jones, presently known as The Starters, on Metta World Peace being in a movie with Marc Maron and Screech.
- Quick reminder that the Knicks didn't just shoot a lot of threes last season; they also gave up a LOT of threes. Simply chasing people inside the arc sometimes could improve their defense quite a bit.
- *PRESEASON STATISTICS ALERT FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD*: The Melo-Bargnani frontcourt has continued to put up dogshit numbers during the preseason.
Update: Joe DeLessio put together the best gallery of new Garden images, if you're interested.