A.K.A. More reasons to move on from Mike Woodson:
1) For the last overtime and a half, the Knick offense boiled down to "Hey. Melo's clearly zonked. But he is still upright. Fuck it. Let him come up with something." Even if you support keeping Woodson, it's high time Mr. Hired As A Defensive Coordinator was "convinced" to hire an offensive coordinator.
2) How does Woodson still, after playing years in the NBA, assistant coaching for years, and head coaching for years, managed TWICE to get caught unable to sub players in because he apparently still doesn't have the rules down?
3) Last year Woodson talked about how he couldn't burn out Jason Kidd...and Kurt Thomas...and Marcus Camby...and Rasheed Wallace. This year in training camp, he said he couldn't burn guys out like that again. They had Amar'e and K-Mart on a minutes restriction for about a week. Both players bitched about it. So presto change-o, the Knicks lift the minutes restrictions. Now Amar'e and KMart are both out. This is what I was thinking about when Tyson Chandler landed funny near the end of the 2nd OT. Everyone wanted to win this game. God knows the Knicks need every win they can get at this point. And games like these take on larger meanings...honestly, by the time it was over, I felt like I'd lasted all 3 rounds against Mike Tyson in Punch Out and lived to tell the tale.
Still. When the hell does the team figure out burning people out during the regular season is STUPID?! The "Melo Era" has been marked by shorthanded/banged-up Knick teams getting beat in the playoffs in part due to injuries. With all the substituting going on in this game late, couldn't Cole Aldrich play 1 or 2 minutes as a sub? Just to give Chandler a rest? I know Chandler's irreplaceable on D, and sending Cole Aldrich in as an offensive sub makes us much sense as a designated driver saying no to a beer 'cuz they're "only drinking tequila tonight"...but despite the win, my Woody confidence is flaccid as hell. Pun intended.
4) Watching Mike Woodson coach is like watching an armless child struggle to open a childproof Rx bottle.
5) Bargnani...ai yi yi, son.