Good evening, babies. I have for you some links on this Knicks-less night.
- Hooded Pitohuis are poisonous! They're one of only a few bird species discovered to carry a neurotoxin on their skin and feathers. It's believed that the Pitohuis, like poison dart frogs, accumulate the poison by eating a certain species of beetle. Here's a quick lecture about it. (He's talking about the Variable Pitohui, which is a congener with our friend up above).
- Dear everyone who comments here: CHECK IT OUT. Also, check this out: If you double-tap shift while looking at a post, you can get anchor links for any individual paragraph. So if you wanna be like YO SETH YOU MADE A TYPO AGAIN, you can direct me to the exact place I made the typo. Or other stuff.
- Meanwhile, the Magic are saving a few bucks because Richardson got picked up by someone.
- Here's a stat-heavy take on Steve Novak's value that, believe it or not, determines said value to be quite high. It's got a lot to do with never turning the ball over ever. (One of you linked me to this but I can't find the original comment. I like to give credit for these things, so feel free to speak up if it was you.)
- Zach Lowe joins several other national writers in picking J.R. Smith for Sixth Man of the Year. It's beginning to seem like a real thing that's gonna happen. That's great! Meanwhile, this means Zach went as Lisbeth Salander for Halloween. Pretty weird, Zach.
- There's not much evidence to suggest that resting/playing stars in the last few games before the playoffs has any effect on anything.
- A nice review of We'll Always Have Linsanity from David Vertsberger.
Those are your links! Enjoy your evening in the swamp. You're in a swamp, right? No? Oh. I must be thinking of someone else. Wait, are you sure? Okay, nevermind.