Hi! Hello. Welcome to Tuesday afternoon. The Knicks play their second game against the Pacers tonight and it is a Very Important Game. We'll talk more directly about that game in a few hours. For now, a few links from this uneasy period between Games 1 and 2.
- Motmots are South and Central American kingfisher relatives with nice pointy beaks, colorful feathers, and (in most cases) cool tail-rackets for communicating with one another. I'm partial to this Rufous Motmot, but they come in all different colors. I want to breed a Motmot with a Hoopoe.
- After the 3-on-3 stuff yesterday, it sounds like Amar'e Stoudemire will go 5-on-5 later this week.
- As a few of you pointed out, the totally unnecessary weirdness surrounding Bernard King's constructive, innocuous Twitter posts (Bernard, it was obviously you. It's okay.) is the Knicks at their very Knicks-iest. That they interfered with King posting stuff mildly critical of Carmelo Anthony while having no apparent problem with Larry Johnson's homophobic tweets a few weeks ago just makes the whole thing Knicksier. None of this matters, I suppose. It's just funny to me.
- This is revolting, incredibly disappointing news. This matters.
- The Knicks are one of several teams perfectly willing to send mice into the...hice.
- And here's Amar'e Stoudemire's explanation for why you only occasionally see him on the bench.
- David Crockett's adjustment suggestions for Game 2.
- Danny Chau's D.J. Augustin-Travis Best comparison made me a little queasy yesterday. (I originally typed "queasty", which is one of my grossest-sounding typos yet).
- I enjoyed this Chris Herring tweet.
Those are the links! Have a pleasant afternoon. I'll be back soon. Dune.