More workouts! I'll include some links to stuff regarding the workouts from today and yesterday in some bird links later. Here, now, are the guys coming to Greenburgh on Friday, via Ian Begley:
Ricky Ledo: 6'6" G, Providence* (20 years old)
Tahj Tate: 6'4" G, Delaware State (23)
Adonis Thomas: 6'6" F, Memphis (20)
Christian Watford: 6'8" F, Indiana (22)
Tony Mitchell: 6'9" F, North Texas (21)
Grant Jerrett: 6'10" F, Arizona (19)
- Mitchell is the guy most regularly projected to go in the first round, while the rest are likely to fall into the second round or go undrafted. DX actually has Mitchell going to the Knicks in their most recent mock draft. Ross profiled him for us a little while back.
- You oughta read stingy's Watford thing, too.
- This group includes a couple freshmen, which hadn't really been the case up to this point.
- It feels like there's been a steady stream of Happy Walters clients in these workouts, which makes sense.
- Tahj Tate is a cool name. Isiah would have drafted him for alliterative reasons alone.
- Isn't Adonis Thomas a football man? Pretty sure he's a football man.
- *Update: Ledo didn't actually play at Providence because he was academically ineligible.
So, among guys working out for New York who wouldn't currently be considered reaches at 24, we've got Reggie Bullock yesterday and now Tony Mitchell on the schedule for tomorrow. More to come, I'm sure.