Good afternoon! We are mere days away from training camp. DAYS. It's time for some fishy links.
- A thing I've learned in this new foray into fishes is that Wikipedia isn't exactly a trove of fish photos. In general, fish being fish, we don't have nearly enough photos of some of the weirdest and best-named species. We'll do okay with what we can find, though. Plenty of water to cover. For instance, there is a family of fish called the pineconefish, so named because they're covered with pointy scales not unlike those of a pinecone. One yellowish species in the family is called the pineapplefish because, shit, it kinda looks like a pineapple. It is bioluminescent, with light organs (containing luminous bacteria) on either flank used to illuminate play, and possibly for communication as well. Here's a video.
- Nice summary by Charlie Widdoes of what made the two-point-guard lineups great last year and how they could work again this year.
- At a Barclays Center mock disaster drill last week, I guess they turned on the scoreboard and incorrectly displayed the Knicks as the home team.
- Ethan Sherwood Strauss, who is about my age, perfectly describes the impact of Larry Johnson's four-point play for someone who was ten-ish years old at the time.
- Mark Deeks regards Beno Udrih's deal as one of the ten best contracts signed this offseason.
- Amar'e Stoudemire's favorite Jewish holiday is Passover. Mine too. Charoset.
- A potential clue regarding the nature of the Knicks' 20th camp invite, if there is one. And another potential clue here. We may have to investigate this "big Nigerian kid" just like we did the "big man from Lithuania". Gotta get Ger Casserly on the case. Or...wait, is that just Ike Diogu?
- Nice Knickerblogger roundtable about potential starting lineups for these Knicks.
- Metta World Peace in uniform. Weird.
- Mike Kurylo digs up those stats suggesting Cole Aldrich juuuust may have some NBA game. Maybe.
- James Dolan took a question today! He CAN do that!
Them are the links! Have a lovely evening.