Here's what's floating around the NBA the day after Humpty introduced himself...
- I don't have any bad feelings towards the Raptors or Toronto fans, but this Raps blogsmith had some unkind words for everything involving the Knicks before yesterday's game. To that, I simply say "scoreboard". While it's mostly fanatical deprecation (which I respect and appreciate; I'm certainly guilty of some myself), there are some interesting points about Curry's game in the loss to the Raptors.
- The Knickerblogger, Father Knickerbocker, and SML recaps of the game.
- Today's SLAM Links include two interesting tidbits: 1. Lang had to explain to someone on the Knicks what a combover is. Any guess as to which Knick it was? 2. This interesting quote from Isiah regarding Eddy:
"I'm not a drug addict, but he's my No. 1 drug. If it got close or tight, that was the button I push. I can't help it. It's like I'm Pavlov's dog. I'm pushing his button."Interesting. I'm pretty sure Isiah doesn't fully grasp Pavlov's dog experiments (which Lang notes), but interesting nonetheless.
- Sam Rubenstein, also of SLAM (and one of my favorite basketball writers on earth), beat me to the punch at giggling about the ESPN headline, "Ainge Fined for Contact with Durant's Mother".
- I just realized that some people who weren't around for the Your NYK days might not realize why I call Renaldo Balkman "Humpty". Well, he looks like Humpty. That's why.
UPDATE: The 3 For All Game Notes from yesterday.
UPDATE AGAIN: Somewhat off-topic, but this Chuck Klosterman article at ESPN is really damn interesting. Worth a read if you have a few minutes. It makes me genuinely thankful that steroids haven't affected (as far as I know) my favorite sport in the world.