Here's what's floating around the internet today...
- Barnesgasm is caught cheatin' on the Knicks. We'll forgive him.
- I forgot to mention this, but SML has video of the Balkman dunk that Willy mentioned a few days back. Humpty fucking obliterates Devin Harris like it's nothing.
- Two great reads over at Knickerblogger: Brian Maniscalco asks, "Is Stephon Marbury a Loser?", and Brian Cronin discusses the Rose and Taylor buyouts, and the impact thereof.
- Baseball's starting! I love baseball season. I love it in the same way I love football season. I spend so much energy and emotion on the Knicks, that sometimes an athletic venture that's completely meaningless to me is just what the doctor ordered. I'm not especially partisan in the MLB (I do have a mild attachment to the Nats), so I can just relax and watch some ball in the summer. As much as I love the excitement of basketball and the rollercoaster ride of the Knicks season, baseball season is a welcome vacation.
- Jason and Erin Gurney, the kids who brought us the ever-essential Lowpost have now introduced their new extravaganza of online sports tools, Ballhype. It's basically a beefed up version of Lowpost, in which you can track games, browse blogs, make bets, and many other things. I was a Beta tester and, frankly, was intimidated by the multitude of things going on. I prefer the simplicity of Lowpost. In fact, I've never really minded just visiting every single blog that I like to read. I'm like a fucking senior citizen when it comes to these things. All these gizmos and bells and whistles upset me. But you're probably smarter than I am. Go check it out.
- If you haven't seen Planet Earth on the Discovery Channel, you're missing out. It's on Sunday nights, and it's where I got the walrus idea. It is the coolest shit I've ever seen. I also saw Meet the Robinsons in 3D this weekend. I'm like a cross between a senior citizen and a toddler.