Good day, dumplings. The Knicks head to Charlotte tonight seeking their first win of the season against the demon-coach and his Charlotte Bobcats. In the meantime, let's catch up on some links, newsworthy and otherwise.
- New York Magazine is keeping track of the ups and downs of li'l Nate Robinson, and let's just say that his 0-8 opening night performance...was a down.
- They mentioned this during the broadcast of game one: NYKnicks.com asked a bunch of Knicks (scroll down for the link) what the best song ever written is. I knew Toney Douglas was old-school. (What they didn't show is that Jared Jeffries' favorite song is "Nothing Compares 2 U" by Sinead O'Connor.)
- The word from Alan Hahn is that Mike D'Antoni might consider shuffling Danilo Gallinari into the starting lineup at some point in the near future. It won't be tonight, though.
- If you caught the MSG broadcast of the first game, you probably saw the new Knicks commercials featuring Robert Randolph and The Family Band. It's a little cheesy, but I like that RR's a true Knicks fan (he's at games all the time). In other news, those guys just finished recording an album with T-Bone Burnett, which is neat.
- Damn straight, Danilo Gallinari is one of the sophomores to watch this year.
- Just a note that tonight's game is at 7, not 7:30. Come join in the game thread! There might be goody bags!*
- Kipunjis emit a loud, deep sound known as a "honk-bark". The more you know.
Check back these parts in a few hours for a game thread. Tell your friends.
*There won't be goody bags.