Happy Friday and a splendid Christmas Eve to all. My gift to you is the one that keeps on giving: LINKS!
Take the jump to open up your presents. You don't have to wait until tomorrow morning.
- In the spirit of the holidays, I figured I'd pick an animal that occasionally hangs out around the North Pole. Ringed seals are just that. They're not all as small as the one in this post. That little bro is just a pup. If I ever catch you hunting a ringed seal, I am going to kill you.
- Steve Serby's "Holiday Q&A" with Amar'e Stoudemire is about 75% corn, but there are some interesting tidbits:
- Amar'e's dad got him a basketball AND a skateboard AND a bike EVERY Christmas? Really? Did he manage to destroy each of those things in a year's time, or was he building basketball/skateboard/bicycle fleets?
- Amar'e doesn't celebrate Christmas because it's not in the Scriptures. He may or may not celebrate Hannukah.
- Serby uses "(Pause)" in the literal and innocent sense (I think), but it ends up sounding funny.
- Raymond Felton is a ladies' man?
Toney Douglas can't dress himself.
- With Joakim Noah out, Kurt Thomas will likely get the start against Amar'e Stoudemire tomorrow. Frank Isola celebrates one of my favorite Knicks of all time.
- In today's edition of "Unmitigated but Totally Justified Love for Landry Fields", Donnie Walsh compares the rookie to John Havlicek.
- Over at Fanhouse, The Works tackles the Stoudemire/Rachel Roy (NOT Rachael Ray) fashion line. "Jazzy glasses" and "jazzy goggles" are mentioned.
- Tommy Dee takes a look at Danilo Gallinari's power to stretch the floor with wing threes.
- We're 35.3658536585366% of the way into the Knicks season, which of course means it's time to evaluate the Knicks. Our friend Dan reflects on the 29 games that were and breaks down the 53 games that will be.
- In Amar'e Stoudemire, LZ Granderson sees an elite offensive player and a shitty defensive player. Ho-hum.
- An interview with Timofey Mozgov. A highlight from said interview:
Dime: What was your first road trip like?
TM: We go to Paris and Milan.
BOOM. I'll leave you with that, children. Have an excellent evening.