Good day, tycoons. I'm, uh, kind of done with this pre-playoff build-up. I'm ready for the actual thing to start. In the meantime, let's link.
- Lutungs are Asian leaf monkeys with very nice fur. You can usually find them at the Bronx Zoo (where that photo was taken, by the way) at Jungle World.
- One thing I've noticed to a degree that I was considering writing an entire post about it is that the Knicks sound excited and self-assured, but are careful to respect the Celtics. Even somebody like Amar'e Stoudemire, who's previously tried to intimidate Al Horford and disparaged Pau Gasol, is confident yet reverent:
"Those guys are champions. They know how to play in the playoffs,'' Stoudemire said. "It's going to be a great experience for us. I think we've got the right mindset to give it back. It's going to be a tough series, but we're ready to go.''
Hahn himself says that the Knicks are being careful not to rile up the C's before the series even starts. That's wise, I think. Best not to engage in a war of words. I'm thankful right now that Quentin Richardson is no longer a Knick.
- Lots of words from the opponent, via Marc Berman.
- Will Leitch simulated Knicks-Celtics on his PS3, thereby confirming that he is 9 years old. I bet he's got no 2k game whatsoever. THIS IS A CHALLENGE, LEITCH. (Also, the result was somewhat foreboding.)
- Will also interviewed Landry Fields. It's a good 'un.
- Ronny Turiaf speaks on the possibility of going face-naked for the playoffs. It's wonderful that this has become a big story.
- Chattin' with Bill Walker about facin' his old team.
- Discussin' the importance of Jared Jeffries, as well as the possibility that he defends Rajon Rondo.
Those are the links for the moment. I'm gettin' restless, y'all. Enjoy your afternoons and evenings!