Good afternoon, friends. I hope you're all sufficiently prepared for whatever weather is coming your way. The Knicks got their first opportunity in quite a while to ball at the Garden today, and some reporters were there to document the goings on. A few links and notes and stuff:
- Tina Cervasio took the best photo I saw of the Knicks practicing on the Garden floor.
- As you can see from that picture, Kurt Thomas and Rasheed Wallace participated in walk-throughs today as members of the blue team. That lineup, of course, puts Ronnie Brewer at the two and Carmelo Anthony at the three.
- Marcus Camby worked with the second unit, but didn't play any real basketball (nobody did). He's hoping to get some scrimmages in this week, ideally in time to be ready for opening night. That'd be neat. Tyson Chandler will hopefully be back on the court within the next few days as well.
When Sheed hits a bank shot, he yells out "Chase Manhattan," which cracks up Iman sitting courtside.
While working on halfcourt D, Sheed says, "If we just talk, it'll be simple." Sheed, Chandler, Camby, etc. anchor talking frontline. Big +.
- Chris Smith is still around doing rehab even though he got waived on Friday.
- Oh, one more late update addition from Ian Begley:
Marcus Camby will be re-evaluated after practice on Monday and hopes to practice in full Tuesday. Tyson Chandler hopes to scrimmage Monday.
Neat! Stay safe, friends.