Evening, friends. I wasn't at practice today, but I did do my best to collect every single interesting item available from the people who were at practice. Here are those things:
- First of all, Steve Popper's panoramic photo of the gym is awesome and gives you a sense of what practice looks like to the media. And yes, they scrimmage on the farther of the two courts, relative to the media table. It's annoying. All the post-practice interviews take place in the far right corner.
- Baron Davis was around, apparently. Very sad I missed that.
- Here are some highlights from KnicksNow.
- Scrimmages today awarded points for defensive stops.
- Mychel Thompson ran with the blue team. Mike Woodson's doing a lot of experimentation at the two, just like he said he'd do.
- Carmelo Anthony confirmed that he'd much rather play small forward, which he feels is his natural position, than power forward. There is a very strong argument to be made that he's dead wrong, but I do get the feeling that Woodson intends to play him closer to the basket regardless of his nominal position. On defense, it'd be nice to get him guarding fours and rebounding sometimes. We'll just have to wait and see. It was predictable, though, that Melo would insist on his small forward-ness.
- Here's a good video of the kind of stuff Iman Shumpert's been doing while everybody else practices. This is the first I've seen of him working with Dave Hopla (of course, I only saw a small portion of practice each day, so it's possible he's been doing a lot of this).
Mmhmm. They'll be back at practice tomorrow, and it'll be TELEVISED. I'll try and get a thread up for that in the morning. <3