Good morning! It's already the afternoon in London and the Knicks are on the court (or "court" as it's called in Britain) for what's supposed to be a long, involved practice to prepare for their game against the Pistons. We've already got some reports from pre-practice, and I bet we'll have a lot more later, but let us first run through today's early material:
- Ronnie Brewer hung out with Amir Khan last night and they did the classic "photo with a boxer" pose. Do boxers just instinctively mime-punch the nearest person as soon as they see a camera?
- Rasheed Wallace, when asked about playing in London: "It's cool. I'm good money". Since Wallace will, by all accounts, not play, that phrase now officially means nothing, which I imagine is exactly what Sheed intended.
- Carmelo Anthony was asked about James Dolan commanding The Darkness to point microphones at him on the court. He says doesn't care. Cool.
- Also from the above article, a bunch of guys are going to the Chelsea match tonight (against Southampton). Jason Kidd, for one, signed up for that field trip. (Tottenham practice, too?)
- I hope this doesn't pan out, but...part of me kinda hopes it does.
- Flight was also disappointed in his first day of shopping in London. The sizes are too small for a 6'7" individual. Not trying to let him be great.
- Iman Shumpert found his sneakers in advance and wore them to practice they are SOMETHING. (You can also get a look at his surgical scar in that photo.)
One more (more important) London update coming momentarily.