Good afternoon, friends. Since [looks over both shoulders] things appear to be quiet on the trade front this afternoon, I figured I'd put some links up before we get into tonight's game against the Celtics.
- I love mutualism in animals. Cleaner wrasses are hungry. Bigger fishes are dirty. So cleaner wrasses (the little colorful guy in the photo) eat all crap off the big fishes and everyone's happy, especially me. Also: "when visitors come near the cleaning stations, the cleaner wrasses greet the visitors by performing a dance-like motion in which they move their rear up and down." That makes me happy.
- Okay okay Knicks things. The first and most important thing is that [siren sounds] There is a P&T/Knickerblogger meet-up on Saturday, December 28 at Idle Hands. We will watch the Knicks-Raptors game at 7 PM. There will be $5 drinks. I will ask to smell your necks. If you would like to come, please send me (ptknicksblog at gmail) an email with your name or P&T name and the number of people you expect to bring (just so I can give the bar a rough head count). Please put the word "marzipan" in the subject line of your email. I'm serious. Makes it easier to sort. I don't get a lot of emails about marzipan. Not anymore. Not since the accident.
- Iman Shumpert might actually play tonight on that bruised knee.
- Good and mostly pertinent stuff from around SB Nation: 1. Deeks on the importance of December 15 2. Kevin Zimmerman on divisions 3. This ol' thing.
- A few of y'all have mentioned it, but this Amar'e thing by Jonathan Topaz was well done.
- Chris Herring brings on the Knicks' performance when Carmelo Anthony passes early and often (I'm much more concerned with often, but early is interesting)
- In case you're not on Twitter: The Knicks got to see Anchorman 2. They sometimes get to see movies in advance. I feel like it usually happens in Boston? We'll see how it affects their play.
- Among those wishing Toure' Murry could get more of a chance: Mike James! Mike Woodson won't rule out the possibility!
- This was the MSG segment on Pablo Prigioni's car collection, in case you missed it before Knicks-Bulls. It's GREAT.
- Someone else needs to lead the Knicks in scoring. Just once to break up the streak.
- This is not my favorite of the Foot Locker commercials-- not even of the Melo Foot Locker commercials-- but it's pretty good.
- Amar'e Stoudemire's (recently published) "Speed Drills" segment from training camp was very nice.
- Jimiroquai Cavanopolous on the return of Tyson Chandler.
- Here is a breakdown of teams' play calls.
- Late addition: I talked to The Knicks Blog about some Lowry things.
Whew. I consumed too much caffeine and now need to either take a nap or run around the block a few times. That's all for now. Lowry updates still happenin' in the other thread.