Good morning! The Knicks responded splendidly to some adversity, blowing out the Jazz without Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony around to help them. Here's a li'l museum of artifacts from the night that was:
- The undisputed highlight of the evening was Steve Novak's dribble-drive floater off the glass, a feat so miraculous that anyone who dare gaze upon this .gif will be stricken dead. That's your fair warning:
- Here's video of Novak's whole night:
- J.R. Smith put down a big ol'
windmill dunk in garbage time:
- J.R. and Kurt Thomas had a good laugh about it afterward:
- Philip Seymour Hoffman has terrific hands (via NBA Offseason):
- John Leguizamo took over the Knicks' Twitter account last night and somehow out-annoyed Tyrese, who did the same thing last week:
That was Harlem Globe Trotters style. Smith is da bomb diggity! #LeguizamoTakeover— NBA New York Knicks (@nyknicks) March 10, 2013
- Walt Frazier was in top form last night, wearing his best pinstriped Harvey-Dent's-evil-half suit, dropping the rare rhyming quarter to describe Utah's futility: "...the Jazz with no fire, no desire; seeming tired, uninspired", and calling Marvin Williams "Michael" at least once.
It was a good night for a bad day.