Good day, friends. The Knicks play the Thunder at home tonight. Carmelo Anthony is questionable for that one. We'll worry about that when the time comes, though. The day is for linking.
- According to the internet, Zazu from The Lion King is a red-billed hornbill. He's bluer than any I've seen in photos, but cool.
- Mark Travis wrote up a pretty comprehensive breakdown of Amar'e Stoudemire's return to date and how he's getting his buckets.
- I feel like I've found myself saying (and heard others saying) "a truly great team wouldn't have to dig themselves out of holes this often", but that's not exactly true, as Chris Herring demonstrates. Now: 1. This isn't to say the Knicks are a great team. Shitty teams have to make comebacks, too. 2. It's usually recommended to get great and win stuff, THEN taking entire halves of games off, but whatever. Worth a look.
- I see someone sneaky on Ed Kupfer's chart of the best rebounding point guards.
- When Tyson Chandler tells you not to kill elephants YOU BETTER NOT KILL ANY FUCKING ELEPHANTS. Also, don't buy stuff made out of dead elephants. Please.
- Matt Moore shows how the Thunder are terrific at running the pick-and-roll and the Knicks are pretty terrible at defending it and ohhhh no I'm getting dizzy.
- Raymond Felton had a great shooting game last night. Last time he had one of those, he spent the next two weeks heaving jumpers. So, uh, let's hope that doesn't happen again.
- I have not clicked the link inside this link (linkception?), but it appears to take one to a new Iman Shumpert track. (Update: Oh, I get it now. Shump's music is on the soundtrack for that movie 21 and Over. That's pretty cool!)
- It's baby Melo's birthday! Amar'e Stoudemire posted this photo of the men and babies from a few years ago.
- Via Ball Don't Lie, James Dolan is footing the medical bills for former Knick Ray Williams, who's reportedly picked himself up a bit since falling on hard times a few years ago, but is now suffering from colon cancer. Nicely done, Mr. Dolan.
- Amar'e Stoudemire's contract is among the "most problematic" in the NBA, but...hey, shit, he's playing really well right now.
- More Dolan news: He's getting divorced. I'm always unsure about whether to link stuff like this, since it doesn't feel like our business, but, well...there it is.
- You know that tailor Clyde always talks about when MSG airs segments about his fancy suits? He's in trouble.
Mmhmm. Lunchtime, y'all. What are you eating? Let's talk trades.