Good evening! After beating the Pistons last night, the Knicks are back home tonight to play the second of a back-to-back against the Thunder. The Thunder are very good at basketball. The Knicks are starting the following people:
Tonight's starters versus OKC: Felton, Shumpert, White, Thomas, Chandler— NY_KnicksPR (@NY_KnicksPR) March 7, 2013
Yeah...without Carmelo Anthony again, the Knicks don't match up so well. Russell Westbrook is pretty much designed to decimate the Knicks' poor perimeter defense and Kevin Durant isn't bad either. We've seen the Knicks do improbable things before sans Melo, like beat the Heat, but I think a win tonight would be even crazier than that one. If they can hit a ton of threes and force turnovers (the Thunder are a turnover-prone team), one never knows, but...yikes.
I feel good, though. I like going into a game with no expectation of it being competitive. If they lose...duh. If they win, tonight will be the best night ever.
- Amar'e Stoudemire is still capped at 30 minutes, but that'll change at some point.
- Chris Copeland is still inactive and possibly bound to the bench with zip-ties.
- It's "Noche Latina" at the Garden, which means the Knicks will wear their "Nueva York" jerseys...
- ...and Iman Shumpert shaved some stuff into his hair.
- Tonight is the return of Ronnie Brewer! Ronnie doesn't strike me as the vengeful sort, but he's still guaranteed to hit a couple threes.
That is all. The game's on TNT tonight, which means an 8:00 tip and no MSG coverage. Here's your game thread and here's Welcome to Loud City. Please don't post large photos, .gifs, or links to illegal streams in the thread. Go wild, Knicks!