Hello, good friends. I am happy to see you. I have some links for you if you'll just follow me into the link cellar. Watch your step!
- I had no idea white hawks were a thing until today. I was watching videos of a different bird I planned to feature for this post, then stumbled across Pseudastur albicollis. Weird to see a creature that looks like it'd blend in in the Arctic just hanging out in Central America.
- Rest in peace, Dean Meminger. Here's the Times obituary and a fine piece from Harvey Araton.
- However the specifics shake out, it sounds like we'll be having a lot of All-Star things around here over the next few years.
- Cool stuff in here about what Carmelo Anthony's been working on this summer. As always, I like the sound of him preparing to run more pick-and-roll, whether or not it'll actually manifest in games.
- Melo wins awards, has parties thrown in his honor.
- Sounds like Scott Machado might have come to camp with the Knicks if they hadn't added Beno Udrih.
- While we think of Paul Pierce as a Knick-killer, note that he-- on average-- really hasn't done anything special against New York. It's more of an end-of-the-game thing. He's had so many Knick-killing moments amid otherwise typical performances.
- Weird stuff with Amar'e Stoudemire and someone involved with his half-brother's imprisonment.
Those are the links. Have a splendid Saturday!