Good afterbutt, mops. The Knicks play their final pre-All-Star game tomorrow night against the Kings. Then everyone but Carmelo Anthony and Tim Hardaway Jr. is off for a week. Updates on all that stuff and more in today's LINKS:
- Ocean pout blood contains antifreeze proteins that allow them to hang out in extremely cold water without freezing to death. They live on the coast of New England and Eastern Canada and they seem like nice doggies. (By the way, a tip of the hat.)
- Okay, first some trade rumor things from Marc Stein:
1. The Wizards want a back-up point guard and apparently covet Beno Udrih, who has requested a trade, so the Knicks should probably be into that. That might just be a swap for a second-rounder, but the Wizards also have Glen Rice Jr. hanging out on the bench if the Knicks want another junior, and there's also this terrifyingly exact match in salaries:
2. Stein says the Knicks are trying to make that old Iman Shumpert-for-Kenneth Faried trade idea happen again, which I still don't like or regard as probable. We'll see. Deadline's approaching. (Update, via abe 88: One proposed package is Shump and Beno for Faried and Jordan Hamilton).
- Practice stuff:
- Marky Wark was at Wichita State today, in case you were wondering where Marky Wark was today.
- DOOBZ V. GIBBZ, THE PODCAST
- Via Bluecheese, Tim Hardaway Jr. will also co-coach a Special Olympics competition during All-Star weekend. Busy every day!
- Yes, I support the idea to replace Knickerbocker Avenue signs with monuments to weird Knicks history.
[kissy face] Have a lovely rest of your day and evening.
Update: Ooooooh boy:
The Knicks are in fact interested in Toronto's Kyle Lowry. Classic Knicks. Could have had him two months ago, backed out now want him again.— Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) February 11, 2014