Good afternoon! I hope you're enjoying some pleasant weather. I have a few links for you. Please print them out and rub them all over your person.
- Achilles Tangs are very attractive members of the family Acanthuridae. Two things about them from Better Know a Fish: 1. The Achilles Tang is so attractive that someone made a dress patterned after one (I have a similar idea which will get me extremely rich whenever I decide to act upon it, which will be never). 2. Achilles Tangs are surgeonfish, which you may have heard of, but I only just today learned why they're called "surgeonfish." It's not just a name; these fishes have special scales right at the bases of their tails that pop out for tail-swipe SLASHING if the fish is threatened. THEY HAVE SWITCHBLADE TAILS FOR FIGHTING AND THEY'RE SEXY AS HELL WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT IN A FISH.
- Still no further word on Tim Hardaway Jr.'s ankle injury. Just X-rays negative and sprained. I will update if there is an update. That might not come until tomorrow.
- This is the link of the day. This is the link of the whole damn year: Chi Nwogu of Bloomberg Sports has charted every single Walt Frazier rhyming couplet (*coughs*) this season and prepared all kinds of advanced stats around them, including their correlation with game outcome and an overall list of usage per game (before you click: guess which rhyme Clyde uses the most at over once per game). I hereby award a P&T Pulitzer, 1400 P&T points, and a sandwich to be named later to Chi Nwogu.
- Writing on the unpredictable Knicks, Chris Herring points out that the Jazz are the only team the Knicks swept this season.
- My friend Joe DeLessio did a VERY thorough breakdown of all the records that have been set against the Knicks over the last few years. They are numerous.
- And here's Cristobal Arenque from a few days ago on Carmelo Anthony's affinity for chess.
- As Scott reminds us: April Melo comin'.
- Another source suggesting Steve Kerr is a Phil Jackson/Knicks favorite. I'm gonna ignore the Derek Fisher part.
- I hadn't seen any quotes about Amar'e Stoudemire's recent game absence(s). Here are some now.
- Very nice interview with Toure' Murry, who is still on the Knicks, you know.
These have been the links. I kiss you on your face now.