Whoomp! We have a preseason schedule (soon, I would think) and the FIBA World Cup (10 days!) to look forward to. More immediately, we have LINKS:
- Gouramis such as dwarf gouramis (and Siamese fighting fish) are "labyrinth fish"-- they have specialized labyrinth organs that allow them to derive oxygen from the air, so they can survive for a little while out of water.
- The Knicks and the Rangers: Doing just fine, thanks.
- Iman Shumpert is on a new track. This is not my favorite Iman Shumpert track.
- On that note: Shump suggests that Cole Aldrich record some music, and I would like to scream and stomp my feet in support of this suggestion. Hooooly shit, do I want a Cole Aldrich album to drop. Rap name Ol' Caldrich. Or just SQUATCH.
- I really, really don't get the Amar'e Stoudemire-to-Philly-at-the-deadline rumor, which isn't much of a rumor. I guess it depends what the Sixers would send back in that sort of trade, but the Knicks would be quite dumb to part with anything of value *just* to dump Amar'e this late in his contract.
- Here is Carmelo Anthony being vaguely positive and positively vague.
- Lots of Knicks did the Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS support. Cleanthony Early appears to have done his in the middle of the damn street, which is funny because I was walking down 12th St. last night and saw a HUGE puddle of ice and water on the ground and had a moment of puzzlement before remembering "ohhhhhh" and, indeed, nearby were some wet people huddled over a phone.
- Melo and J.R. Smith playing pickup!
- Yourman Devine's "Dunk History" on The Dunk is very good reading for your eyes.