Hello, friends. The New York Knicks will test their luck Tuesday night in the 2022 NBA Draft Lottery. Our Knicks haven’t played basketball in a month, so this is the first consequential night for New York fans in a while.
So what’s at stake for the Knicks tonight? They had the 11th-worst record in the NBA last season. Their lottery odds break down as follows:
- 77.6% chance they stay at the 11th pick
- 2.0% of jumping up to the first pick
- 2.2% of jumping up to the second pick
- 2.4% of jumping up to the third pick
- 2.8% of jumping up to the fourth pick
So, that’s a 9.4% chance they land a Top-4 pick (good).
- 12.6% chance of falling back to the 12th pick (bad!)
- 0.4 % chance of falling back to the 13th pick (very bad!)
Executive William Wesley — a.k.a. Worldwide Wes — will be representing the Knicks on the dais.
The lottery starts at 8 PM EST on ESPN. Bring your lucky charms!